|Warrior of Love Rainbowman|
October 6, 1972 - September 28, 1973
Takeshi Yamato was an undisciplined pro wrestler who didn't care how he won a match. After being kicked off of the team for being too violent, he traveled to India to train with a yogi saint named Daiba Datta. He taught Yamato discipline and granted him the ability to transform into Rainbowman. Rainbowman battles magical monsters created by Mr. K called the Shine Shine Dan, an evil army consisting of World War II survivors who wish to destroy Japan out of revenge for the crimes it committed during the war.
- The Miraculous Holy Man
- The Birth of Rainbowman
- Rainbowman Dash 7
- Makao's Murderer Show
- Plot of the Shine Shine Dan
- The Evil 5 O'Clock has Come!
- Operation Cat's Eye Comes Ashore
- Lonely War
- Let's Drive Takeshi Mad
- Kill The Bastards!
- Let's Spring the Trap!
- Critical Moment!!
- Mission: Rainbow
- Terror Operation M
- Murder Professional
- Murder Pro Garuma's Revenge
- Witchcraft-Human Petrification!!
- Hoshikko Catastrophic Change
- Racing! Giant Flying Squirrel Killing Technique
- Abandon Operation M!!
- Let's Attack the Electric Current People!!
- Rescue One Hundred Million People!!
- That Over There is the Bastards' Base!!
- A Man's Promise
- In the Morning Sun, the Witch Disappeared
- The Secret Big Ground Explosion
- The Resurrected Shine Shine Dan
- Hold Back the Underground Tank Mogurard!
- The Demonic Corps DAC
- Operation Mogurard Wreak Havoc
- The Terrifying Sequential Explosions
- The Cyborg Pagora
- Dakaa Airforce, Sortie!!
- The Vacuum Waterspout Technique
- The Invisible Black Hand
- Your Sweetheart is an Assassin
- X Zone Destruction Order!!
- Big Explosion on the ABCD Line
- The Final Sun in the Capitol of Tokyo
- Operation Diamond Plunder
- The Battle With Cyborg Mark 1
- Pursuit 1000 km!
- I Swear by the Sun and the Green!
- The Rainbow Combination Technique
- Doctor Borg's Tenacity
- The Cyborg Slave Corps
- The Black Star is an Accursed Mark
- A Bluff is the Only Decision
- Burn! Great Victory or Defeat
- The Bullet That Went Insane
- The Cross of the Mission
- The Rainbow Soars, Warrior of Love
Characters and Monsters
- Takeshi Yamato
- Daiba Datta
- Mr. K
- Devil Armed Combat
- Witch Iguana
- Herodenia III
- Cat Monster
- God Iguana
- Cyborg Cathy
- Cyborg Diana
- Cyborg Lolita
- Bat Sister
- Mummy Sister
- Cyborg Olga
- Skull Man
- Mantis Man
- Warrior of Love Rainbowman was the first Japanese superhero series to be aired in Hawaii.
- Despite popular belief, Warrior of Love Rainbowman aired just one day after Go! Godman began airing therefore making it Toho's second kaiju series rather than the first.
- This series is considered to be a bit controversial, as it portrays elements of racism between the Americans and Japanese. Another is the fact that the some of the enemies are alluded to be WWII veterans of the Allied forces suffering from what can only be described as PTSD induced insanity. The last controversy is that the show is criticized by some as a platform of creator Kōhan Kawauchi's nationalistic views of Japan.
- Manga writer and creator Go Nagai has stated that this TV series inspired him to create the super heroine Cutie Honey.
- A 1982 anime remake of the series was made by MBS. Instead of being a superhero show, this 22 episode series remade Rainbowman into a Super Robot show. Takeshi Yamato was able to control 6 elemental robots who could combine with a larger 7th one to form Rainbowman. Another notable element of the anime was that the WWII references of the original show were removed, as Japan and America were on friendlier terms during the 1980s and thus bringing up such things would have likely offended both nations.