BEFORE I BEGIN, I MUST MENTION THAT I DO NOT NECESSARILY BELIEVE MY OWN FAN THEORY AND THAT I KNOW FULLY WELL THAT TOHO HAS CONFIRMED THAT THE GODZILLA FROM 1955 IS THE SAME ONE AS THE ONE FROM 1962-1975. I SIMPLY MADE UP THIS FAN THEORY FOR FUN AND TO GET SOME BRAINS GOING.
Hello, fellow kaiju nerds. We all know that the GyakushuGoji from 1955 is supposed to be the same monster as the KingGoji from 1962, but what if that is not true? I have uncovered some discrepancies which may suggest or hint at the possibility that the 1955 Godzilla and the 1962-1975 Godzilla are separate creatures. Let's begin:
- The 1955 Godzilla was frozen on an island covered in ice (a fixed landmass). The 1962-1975 Godzilla was thawed from a freely floating iceberg.
- The 1955 Godzilla has visible fangs and ears. The 1962-1975 Godzilla does not.
- The 1955 Godzilla has four-toed feet. The 1962-1975 Godzilla has three-toed feet.
- The underside of Godzilla's tail is rough with a pointed tip in 1955. It has a smooth underside and a rounded tip for the 1962-1975 Godzilla.
- The 1955 Godzilla is easily distracted by bright lights. The 1962-1975 Godzilla does not exhibit this behaviour.
- The 1962-1975 Godzilla has one main row of large dorsal plates flanked by two rows of smaller plates. The 1955 Godzilla has a more irregular plate pattern.
- The 1962-1975 Godzilla has higher pitched roars than the 1955 Godzilla.
- The 1955 Godzilla is quick to attack and possibly kill Anguirus. The 1962-1975 Godzilla becomes best friends with Anguirus.
- The 1955 Godzilla generally has more in common with the ShodaiGoji than it does with the 1962-1975 Godzilla.
This is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong. What do you guys think? After all, it's just a theory.