Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Today i will review Invasion of Astro-Monster.
This film is the end of what i call Early Showa It is the first (or second, depending on your view of Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster) Godzilla film to feature a non kaiju alien invasion. This film is really when Godzilla goes center stage for the rest of the franchise. It is an interesting installment in the franchise, and it is one of the best films in the Godzilla franchise.
- The human plot and the monster plot are not segregated. Some problems with this franchise is that some films feel like two films instead of just one. Not here. Here we have the two plots affecting each other so that it feels like one film.
- The people of Tokyo seem to have learned from past movies, they seem to have prepared since the last film, a far cry from the idiots who got themselves killed by Rodan in the last film.
- Godzilla looks great in this film and while he has little to do, it is enjoyable to watch.
- Good fight scenes.
- So Professor, you want me to go back to Planet X, a planet filled with hostile aliens who just tried to kill us and would probably kill us on sight rather than talk to us for killing their leader? I think the farther I am from Planet X the better.
- Where was Mothra during this? In the film, the controller says that Godzilla and Rodan stopped King Ghidorah, but he failed to mention that Mothra was not only involved in the battle, but also got Godzilla and Rodan to fight. I would understand it if the Xillians knew about the Shobijin's telepathic powers and avoided them at all cost, but it's never mentioned in the script. What's worse is Mothra was going to be in this film if not for budget problems.
Overall, this film gets a 9/10 for it's good plot and entertaining atmosphere.