Tyrannosaurus rex (ティラノサウルス·レックス?) is an extinct species of large carnivorous dinosaurs from the late Cretaceous period. Tiranosaurusu rekkusu
A Tyrannosaurus rex famously appeared in the 1933 film King Kong. Another was featured as the main antagonist of the 1977 film The Last Dinosaur, and a T. rex also appeared in the film Rebirth of Mothra III in 1998.
HistorySkull Island in 1933, when the crew of the Venture arrived on the island. While King Kong was trying to fend off a rescue party in search of his "bride," Ann Darrow, the T. rex attempted to eat Ann. Kong heard Ann's screams and rushed to save her, battling the T. rex in a vicious struggle. Eventually, Kong gained the upper hand and pried the creature's jaws apart, snapping them and killing the T. rex.
To be added
In this film, an individual Tyrannosaurus serves as the film's primary antagonist, stranding the humans after it disabled the Polar-Borer by throwing it into a cave.
To be addedTriceratops. It attempted to kill one of the horned dinosaurs but became a victim of Cretaceous King Ghidorah, which dropped the dinosaur from his grasp when Mothra Leo arrived. A T. rex and a Triceratops later witnessed the severed tail of Ghidorah burrow underground after he was defeated by Leo.
To be added
- King Kong (1933)
- The Land Unkown (1957)
- The King Kong Show
- The Last Dinosaur
- The Godzilla Power Hour
- Rebirth of Mothra III
- Kong: The Animated Series
- Kong: King of the Apes
- Kong: Skull Island (Some Bone or Skeleton remains in the boneyard)
- Godzilla's appearance was loosely based on contemporary depictions of Tyrannosaurus rex, along with the characteristics of other dinosaurs like Stegosaurus and Iguanodon.
- The Tyrannosaurus rex in King Kong is inaccurately depicted with three fingers on each hand. This is because at the time, it was unknown exactly how many fingers Tyrannosaurus had, and it wasn't until later it was discovered that it only possessed two digits on each hand.
- In the 2005 version of King Kong, instead of a Tyrannosaurus rex, three similar dinosaurs called Vastatosaurus rex, or "V. rex," appear. According to Peter Jackson, V. rex is the result of Tyrannosaurus rex living isolated on Skull Island and evolving over millions of years.
- The Tyrannosaurus suit from The Last Dinosaur would later be recycled in the 'Dinosaur Saga' in Tsuburaya Productions series of heroes and Tokusatsu. In Dinosaur Great War Izenborg, the suit was refitted with red glowing eyes and became Ururu, the Tyrant king, who was re-named Tyranis in Attack of the Super Monsters.The suit was later used in the series Dinosaur Warrior Koseidon, where it was used to portray various saurians. One of these saurians was dubbed Tyrannosaurus Jackie, which went about killing almost all saurians near him.
- For the Tyrannosaurus suit in The Last Dinosaur, the suit actor's arms are placed above the head, controlling the head movement and the opening and closing of the mouth.
- The Tyrannosaurus in The Last Dinosaur has the slowed down roars of the Ultraman monsters Red King and Zambolar, it also has the roar of Toho's King Kong.
- According to an interview with special effects designer Shinji Nishikawa, in the film Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, Godzilla originally was to be revealed to have been a Tyrannosaurus rex prior to being mutated by radiation. However, Godzilla was later changed to a Godzillasaurus that was mutated instead.
This is a list of references for Tyrannosaurus rex. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: