The Giant Claw is a 1957 American kaiju film directed by Fred F. Sears and made by Columbia Pictures. The film was inspired by the 1956 Japanese kaiju film Rodan (Radon). It was released sometime in June 1957. It stars Jeff Morrow, Mara Corday and Morris Ankrum.
The film is known for its horrible special effects. Originally, the producers wanted Ray Harryhausen to make the Giant Claw's special effects, however, the budget prevented this. Instead, a company in Mexico City, Mexico made the marionette. The results that were sent were very "poorly-made". Many critics that saw the film said that the creature was not horrific, but hilarious.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Fred F. Sears
- Written by Paul Gangelin, Samuel Newman
- Produced by Sam Katzman
- Music by Mischa Bakaleinikoff
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Jeff Morrow as Mitch MacAfee
- Mara Corday as Sally Caldwell
- Morris Ankrum as Lieutenant General Edward Considine
- Louis Merrill as Pierre Broussard
- Edgar Barrier as Dr. Karol Noymann
- Robert Shayne as General Van Buskirk
- Frank Griffin as Pete, the missing pilot
- Clark Howat as Maj. Bergen
- Morgan Jones as Lieutenant, Radar Officer
Home media releases