The ShodaiBara suit had bat-like ears, skinny arms, bulky legs, and an armored back. In Destroy All Monsters, the suit was painted darker and the entire head had to be removed because it was overused and a new one had to be made. The new head had different ears, less teeth and different eyes.
- The ShodaiBara suit is famous for its extensive reuse and constant reshaping and repurposing in some of Tsuburaya Productions initial Tokusatsu TV shows. The suit was originally supposed to be in more scenes in Destroy All Monsters, but the suit was too damaged, as a result of when Eiji Tsuburaya used it for Ultra Q and Ultraman. The suit was first reused for Pagos in Ultra Q episode 18, then it was used for Neronga in Ultraman episode 3, then it was used for Magular in Ultraman episode 8, and finally, it was used for Gabora in Ultraman episode 9. When Tsuburaya returned the suit to Toho, it becomes very clear that they weren't able to use the suit that much which explains why the suit was used at the very end of the movie when it shows all the monsters living peacefully on Monsterland.
- Despite Baragon's supposed height in the films, the ShodaiBara costume is roughly at equal height/length compared to both Godzilla and Gorosaurus.
- The ShodaiBara suit's wireframe skull would be later used as the base for the Flying Hedorah prop.
List of appearances
- Frankenstein vs. Baragon (First appearance)
- Destroy All Monsters
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Wireframe reused for ShodaiHedo)