King Ghidorah (Special Color Version)
The King Ghidorah Poster Version was announced in July of 2015. It is a repaint of the original King Ghidorah figure, featuring a lighter yellow paint job based on how he appeared in Noriyoshi Ohrai's poster for Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. It comes with three differently-colored beam accessories, colored after the beams King Ghidorah was seen firing on the poster, a stand that allows the figure to be posed like it is flying, and a figure of KIDS.
On January 11, 2016, Tamashii Nations' American Facebook page uploaded a cropped image of the poster for Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. Later, on January 14, the page uploaded a teaser image of the foot of a Godzilla figure for the film, stating that it would be available for pre-order the next week. On January 20, Bandai's Japanese website officially revealed the Godzilla (2001) figure. The site revealed that in Japan the figure would be available for preorder on January 22, and was scheduled to begin shipping in June.
Godzilla (1954) was announced on February 19, 2016. It is expected for an August release. This figure was confirmed to not be a Tamashii web exclusive, the first since Godzilla (2014).
A Godzilla (2016) figure was announced on June 8, 2016. It was released in November for Japan and a December release is expected for North America. Godzilla (2016) would receive a reissue in January, 2018, which would fix previously criticized paint issues with the first production run.
- ↑ "Toy Fair 2016 looms closer and we'll once again have some cool things on display that are being released later this year. We'll just drop this here for your speculation pleasure..." - Bluefin Tamashii Nations USA - Facebook
- ↑ "Going up for Pre-Order next week! Here's a teaser that will be revealed soon! (it's part of an articulated foot)" - Bluefin Tamashii Nations USA - Facebook
- ↑ S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla (2001) - p-bandai.jp
- ↑ S.H. MonsterArts Index - Tamashii.jp
- ↑ S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 2016 Revealed - S.H.Monsterarts - The Articulation Series on Facebook