One day an oil drill hit something that spawned blood. When scientists arrived to the scene they examined what had happened. Apparently the drill came across some intact tissue of an ancient animal which was soon dubbed Reptilicus. A piece of flesh was still apparently alive and after the flesh was given sufficient protein it escaped one rainy night. The army soon went after Reptilicus after it had ate some cattle and grown even bigger. Reptilicus met with military resistance soon after and went back into his ancient habitat, the ocean. Depth charges were dropped, but soon ceased as it could create another Reptilicus if a piece broke off. The monster made land fall in Denmark and rampaged through the city as the military could do nothing to stop it. A special high dosage of tranquilizer was used, putting Reptilicus to sleep, but on the ocean floor there was another member of his species.
- A fan fiction story was written about Reptilicus in the magazine G-fan. Reptilicus battles with Gorgo and his mother. Retilicus lost in the battle.
- Reptilicus was later in a comic about the monster. The comic was later cancelled due to legal issue's.
- Basilisk from the Sci Fi channel movie Basilisk: The Serpent King is a homage to Reptilicus.
- Reptilicus is, as stated by some fans, the only Danish monster featured in a movie.
- In the game Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, there is an enemy called reptilicus.