- This article is about the Showa mech, you may be looking for the Heisei era M.O.G.U.E.R.A..
Moguera's name is derived from mogura, the Japanese term for mole, this is because, in addition to being a combat robot, the machine also displays the ability to dig.
HistoryMysterians. They sent Moguera to attack a village and destroy its shrine. Moguera moved up the river and was attacked by policemen. Moguera then destroyed a power plant, and then attacked a town. It was attacked by the military, but their weapons had no effect. Moguera was defeated when it tried to cross a bridge that was rigged to explode.
Moguera (No. 2)After the first Moguera was destroyed, another Moguera named Moguera No. 2 (モゲラ(2号)?) was released and it attacked from underground. It dug up too close to a Mogera (2-gō)Markalite Cannon, which collapsed on it, destroying the machine.
Godzilla Island, and was known as Proto-Moguera (プロトモゲラ?, Puroto Mogera) so that it wouldn't be mistaken for the other Moguera that appeared in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla.
- Moguera can fire beams from its eyes
- Moguera emits a high temperature
- Moguera has the ability to burrow
Appearing on the first world, the giant mech Moguera will follow Godzilla and Mothra through out the game, attacking them on each world. Moguera lacks versatility as he is only able to walk across the stage rather slowly, usually in response to the player's movement; in fact, if the player advances on Moguera there is a chance he will back himself into the corner. On top of that, a strange glitch triggers that makes Moguera unable to attack or fight back at all until the player moves backwards. Moguera can jump, not very well however, but it will still be enough to knock Mothra to the ground if she is too close. While Moguera lacks the maneuverability of Gezora, he makes up for it with fire power as his Eye Beam will deal noticeable damage to either Godzilla or Mothra; furthermore, the beam is incredibly accurate and its very rare that either Godzilla or Mothra will be able to dodge it. Moguera has two variations on his Eye Beam, one a bright red and the other a brown; which he uses depends on who he is fighting against, bright red against Godzilla and brown against Mothra. The difference in the beams, however, is purely cosmetic.
- Main article: Gallery:Moguera.
Like the Heisei Moguera, the original Moguera did not have an actual roar, although its weapons and attacks did make sounds.
- Moguera was the first Toho mecha.
- In Godzilla: Final Wars, a boy is seen playing with Godzilla toys, and a specific figure among the toys was the Showa Moguera.
- In Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, a robot is built from the remains of MechaGodzilla by the G-Force to stop Godzilla. Abbreviated as "M.O.G.U.E.R.A.", the mecha shared many characteristics with the original Moguera.
- In the TV showSonic X, when the team ventures into a volcano, they are attacked by a monster that is almost identical to the Showa Moguera.