A small fishing village is terrorized by a seemingly unkillable whale. Shaki, whose family has been destroyed by the monster's rampage, becomes obsessed with killing it. Meanwhile, a brutal drunkard comes to the village, intent on killing the whale himself.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Tokuzo Tanaka
- Written by Kaneto Shindo
- Produced by Masaichi Nagata
- Music by Akira Ifukube
- Cinematography by Setsuo Kobayashi
- Production Design by Shigeo Mano
- Special Effects by Chikara Komatsubara, Takesaburo Watanabe and Hiroshi Ishida
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Kojiro Hongo as -
- Shintaro Katsu as -
- Shiho Fujimura as -
- Takeshi Shimura as -
- Kyoko Enami as -
- Kichijiro Ueda as -
- Koji Fujiyama as -
- Bontaro Miake as -
- Main article: Kujira Gami (1962 film)/Gallery.
- Released: May 26, 2006
- Region: Region 2
- Language: Dolby Digital 2.0 monophonic Japanese
- Format: NSTC
- Other Details: 2.35:1 aspect ratio, 100 minutes run time, disc, Japanese version
This is a list of references for Kujira Gami (1962 film). These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: