|“||An uncharted island? Let me list all the ways you're going to die. Rain, heat, mud, disease carrying flies and mosquitoes. Sure, you could load up on the atabrine for the malaria, but what about the other bacteria? We haven't even started on the things that want to eat you alive.||„|
— Conrad to Randa and Brooks
|“||A British SAS officer sent to Vietnam to teach jungle warfare and survival techniques to American troops, as the war comes to an end, Conrad becomes something of a lost and disillusioned soul. Recruited as a tracker by Bill Randa, Conrad’s raw courage, survival skills and understanding of nature could represent the expedition’s best shot at making it off the island alive.||„|
— Warner Brothers website description.
- In the novelization, it's revealed that Conrad's cynical demeanor stems from an incident where he failed to save a kidnapped seven-year-old girl named Jenny who was killed by a sniper along with two of the five men under his command. In an interview, Tom Hiddleston says Conrad's close encounter with Kong reveals his unconscious desire for redemption for that failure. 
- Writer Dan Gilroy originally wrote Conrad to be "a guy whose unit was attacked by a monster in Vietnam, driving him to go in search of it, and instead of being approached at the bar and being given a job, Conrad would have wanted to be part of the mission."
List of appearances
- Kong: Skull Island (First appearance)
- ↑ Captain James Conrad Warner Bros. Retrieved November 15, 2017
- ↑ Warner Bros. Pictures (February 18, 2017). KONG: SKULL ISLAND Production Notes and High-Res Photos SciFi Japan. Retrieved December 22, 2017
- ↑ Cook, Tommy (November 7, 2017). ‘Kong: Skull Island’ Writer Dan Gilroy Reveals the Character Backstories Cut from His Script Collider. Retrieved November, 10, 2017
|Kong: Skull Island|