Hariken worked as a suit actor on Toho Company Ltd.'s Godzilla films during the Heisei era, portraying kaiju such as King Ghidorah and Godzilla Junior. Prior to that, he worked as Godzilla's suit actor during the marketing campaigns for the films The Return of Godzilla in 1984 and Godzilla vs. Biollante in 1989.
Outside of the Godzilla franchise, Hariken has acted in and directed a number of other movies. His debut as an actor was in the 1991 science-fiction movie Mikadroid: Robokill Beneath Disco Club Layla. As a comic author, Hariken's most well-known work is likely the cult-classic comic series Gekisatsu! Uchuuken, which was published in issues #2 through #81 of the serialized comic magazine Lemon People.
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah as King Ghidorah
- Godzilla vs. Mothra as Battra larva
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II as Baby Godzilla
- Yamato Takeru as Kumasogami
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah as Godzilla Junior
- The Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit as Guilala
- Manga Boys Special Edition: Gamera (Illustrator)
- The Godzilla Comic (Writer/Illustrator, "Godzilla: Kaiju Warrior")
- Hurricane Ryu is also credited with producing concept drawings of various unmade Toho monsters, including Majin Tuol, Redmoon, Erabus and Hafun.