The Heisei era is a term used to identify the years between 1980 and 1998 (Gamera 3: Awakening of Irys is also included in it, though it actually came out in 1999). The Godzilla Heisei era lasted from 1984 and ended in 1995. The Gamera Heisei era was from 1995 through 1999. The Godzilla Heisei was also nicknamed the "Vs. Series". The Gamera trilogy took part in this time period.
The Heisei era of Godzilla films follow a different continuity from the Showa films, ingnoring every movie except the original 1954 Godzilla.
- The Return of Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Biollante
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
- Godzilla vs. Mothra
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II
- Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
- Mecha-King Ghidorah
- Mechagodzilla 2
- Fire Rodan
- Baby Godzilla/Little Godzilla/Godzilla Junior
- Zilla (As Godzilla)
- No Godzilla monster introduced in the Heisei series with the exception of Zilla reappeared in the Millennium era.
- This is the second era to have a series in a complete continuity. The first being the Showa era, while the Millennium era only had separated continuity throught most films.
Do you like the Heisei Era?