Humanitarian Environmental Analysis Team or H.E.A.T. as it was called, is a fictional organization in Godzilla: the Series. It was formed after the destruction of the first Zilla, to fight mutations that kept appearing all over the world.
- Dr. Niko "Nick" Tatopoulos - Leader of H.E.A.T., the adopted father of zilla jr*. He has a very good reputation for saving New York from the original zilla*. Now is the caretaker of the current monster. Nick very fiercely protects zilla jr and the mutants right from both foreign and domestic governments. Also, Nick has a trademark quote: "GO! GO! GO!!!" Portrayed by Matthew Broderick in the Live action film Godzilla (1999) and Ian Ziering in the animated series.
- Monique Dupre - A Vietnamese/French Nationality, she is Philippe's best agent in the French Secret Service. She specializes in hand to hand combat and infiltration. Originally, her mission was to have zilla killed, but she had a change of heart after the monster saved her. Despite her cold demeanor, she does have a (somewhat) softer side to her. Despite her help to the H.E.A.T. team, Monique will independently investigate any military facility, without Nick's permission.
- Randy Hernandez - An intern working under Nick. Hugely talented in all fields of technology, his slacker image has reduced him to nothing more than an immature hacker. Other than Nick, Randy is the member who most accepts zilla, and can be defensive at times. He was expelled from Empire State, but is inspired to attend college once again after saving zilla from Cameron Winter. He has a crush on Monique, but is always shot down. Randy learned the Navajo language because it was the only code that wasn't broken during World War II.
- Dr. Mendel Craven - A bit of a coward and apparently allergic to everything around him, he is nevertheless a competent member of the team. He has a serious crush on Elsie ever since she was on the team during the events surrounding the original zilla. As the team's engineer, his role consists primarily in dealing with robotics and other machinery, although he has also shown himself an adept chemist in times of need (notably when zilla was poisoned and an antidote had to be developed). Although initially fearful of zilla, over the course of the series he comes to trust the beast as an ally. Craven has a Scottish background (revealed in the episode "DeadLoch"), and a talent for playing the bagpipes. Since N.I.G.E.L., the robot he built keeps getting destroyed, he has developed a catchphrase whenever it happens: "N.I.G.E.L.!, nooooo!".
- Dr. Elsie Chapman - One of the original members of Nick's team, she is more cynical in this series. She often acts sarcastic to get a laugh from Nick. In addition, she has developed an attraction to Mendel. She specializes in the behavior of zilla and the other mutations. During the Tachyons invasion of earth, Elsie fell under their control and was instrumental in the recovery of their ship the "Leviathan". However Monique was able to wake her from their alien's control and she was able to use the knowledge to resist the invasion.
- N.I.G.E.L. - Next millenium Intelligence Gathering Electronic Liaison. An analysis robot created by Mendel, N.I.G.E.L. was reprogrammed by Randy to have a more cheerful personality. He is destroyed in almost every episode (and subsequently rebuilt, it is to be assumed) which makes him their version of Kenny McCormick (boy in south park comedy who dies (nearly) every episode). N.I.G.E.L. is apparently capable of speech, such as in the episode, "Where is Thy Sting", where N.I.G.E.L. says, "I'm outta here!" when Tse-eh-go stabs and throws him. N.I.G.E.L. also contains small capsule-sized robots that can film from the eye-camera.
- Zilla Jr - The only surviving offspring of the Zilla from the 1998 film. Due to Nick's presence at his hatching, this zilla has imprinted on Nick as his parent. As a result, zilla is very protective of him, and Nick has the ability to control him to a certain extent, which comes in handy when the team needs help fighting other giant monsters. He differs from his father in many ways. He cannot reproduce asexually; for reasons unknown, this zilla is sterile. This zilla can breath powerful blasts of radioactive fire, unlike his father who could only breathe strong gusts of wind. Whereas the first zilla would run from danger, this zilla faces it head on and battles his foes to the death (he almost dies in several episodes).
The H.E.A.T. Seeker
The H.E.A.T. Seeker is a rusty old ship used by the H.E.A.T. team. The Seeker contains many features including a sleeping area, and even a laboratory. In the second episode of the series, Randy painted an intimidating sharklike face on the front. The Seeker is usually contained in the H.E.A.T. base and only used for overseas transport.