The game features the following monsters, each has one special ability:
- Godzilla (Player) - Can push rocks. Can defeat enemies with one punch (except Hedorah and King Ghidorah).
- Baragon - Powerful puncher.
- Anguirus - Runs very fast when on the same level as Godzilla.
- Rodan - Flies behind you through the screen. Can't die of water.
- Hedorah - Immune to punching.
- MechaGodzilla - Fast puncher.
- King Ghidorah - Appears when Godzilla takes too long to clear a level, flies, and is completely invulnerable.
Godzilla can move left/right and climb up/down vines. There are three ways to defend yourself; punching your enemies, making them fall in water or dropping rocks on them. The objective of every level is to destroy all the rocks. When the last rock is destroyed, a timer power-up will appear. If you grab it, all enemies will stop moving for a few seconds. Go through a door after getting the timer and you advance to the next level.
In this mode, you make your own levels, or "scenes." You can choose to edit the screen, select a screen, save a scene, load a scene, verify a scene, copy a scene or test play.
User's Game Mode
Immediately play the current scene selected on edit mode.