On May 15, after the site loads, a picture saying "TOMORROW" can be seen, as the movie was going to be released a day later. The site has remained mostly unchanged.
By August 7, a new game was added to the "Games" section: "Godzilla Stomp."
This section contains four trailers: the main trailer, the teaser trailer, the extended look, and the Asia trailer.
The "Downloads" section contains downloadable versions of the Godzilla posters in widescreen, fullscreen, mobile, tablet, and Facebook dimensions.
The "Gallery" section contains several production photos.
This section has a description of the staff and cast of the movie and general release information.
|“|| In Summer 2014, the world’s most revered monster is reborn as Warner
Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures unleash the epic action adventure “Godzilla.” From visionary new director Gareth Edwards (“Monsters”) comes a powerful story of human courage and reconciliation in the face of titanic forces of nature, when the awe-inspiring Godzilla rises to restore balance as humanity stands defenseless.
Gareth Edwards directs “Godzilla,” which stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson (“Kick-Ass”), Oscar® nominee Ken Watanabe (“The Last Samurai,” “Inception”), Elizabeth Olsen (“Martha Marcy May Marlene”), Oscar® winner Juliette Binoche (“The English Patient,” “Cosmopolis”), and Sally Hawkins (“Blue Jasmine”), with Oscar® nominee David Strathairn (“Good Night, and Good Luck.,” “The Bourne Legacy”) and Bryan Cranston (“Argo,” TV’s “Breaking Bad”).
Edwards directs from a screenplay by Max Borenstein, story by David Callaham, based on the character “Godzilla” owned and created by TOHO CO., LTD. Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing with Mary Parent and Brian Rogers. Patricia Whitcher and Alex Garcia are serving as executive producers, alongside Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira.
The behind-the-scenes creative team includes Oscar®-nominated director of photography Seamus McGarvey (“Anna Karenina,” “Atonement”); production designer Owen Paterson (“The Matrix” trilogy); editor Bob Ducsay (“Looper”); Oscar®-nominated costume designer Sharen Davis (“Dreamgirls,” “Ray,” “Django Unchained”); and Oscar®-winning visual effects supervisor Jim Rygiel (the “Lord of the Rings” films). The score is being created by Oscar®-nominated composer Alexandre Desplat (“Argo,” “The King’s Speech”).
Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures present a Legendary Pictures production, a Gareth Edwards film, “Godzilla.” Slated to open on May 16, 2014, the film is expected to be presented in 3D, 2D and IMAX® in select theatres and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd.
Legendary Pictures is a division of Legendary Entertainment.
The "Partners" section displays companies that have partnered up with Godzilla to make sweepstakes or other special products or commercials. The partners across all variations of the Godzillamovie.com site are:
- Digital2 - Built with Digital Lifestyle in mind, D2 has developed what they called the “go 2 pad,” as they strive to create not only a computer tablet, but your everyday go-to device. Join us in a journey to destroy inefficiency & boredom as we partner up with the highly-anticipated film, “Godzilla”. http://d2pad.info/
- FIAT - The FIAT brand stands for discovery through passionate self-expression. It encourages people to be in charge of their lives, live confidently and celebrate the smallest of things with infectious excitement. That philosophy is embodied by the North American introduction of the iconic Fiat 500 or Cinquecento ‹ a small car that lives big. Italian at heart and rooted in a rich heritage, the Fiat 500 is synonymous with modern, simple design blending form, function and a pride of ownership that is genuine. The FIAT brand portfolio in North America continues to expand. In 2013, the FIAT brand launched the high-performance Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, the fully electric Fiat 500e, the Fiat 500L and Fiat 500L Trekking. http://www.fiatusa.com/
- F'real Milkshakes - f’real’s mission is to provide the world with freshly blended, wholesome, delicious treats whenever they want. Our high-quality milkshakes, smoothies & frozen coffees can be enjoyed in over 10,000 convenience stores across the US and Canada. Head over to your nearest blending bar and upload a picture of yourself drinking a f’real milkshake to Instagram for a chance to win a trip to Hawaii for 2!
Visit http://www.godzillasweeps.com/ for more details! http://www.godzillasweeps.com/
- Hilton - The gorgeous beach hotel that GODZILLA® appears to destroy is actually still standing tall. It’s Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, and we were proud to partner with the new GODZILLA® movie. Besides the monster’s stomping grounds in Hawaii, we invite you to explore our more than 550 properties across six continents, each one inspired by its surroundings and full of innovative services and amenities. Visit hilton.com to plan your next getaway. http://www3.hilton.com/en/index.html?WT.mc_id=zRMWACG0US1HH2OLQ3GodzillaMovie4Godzilla5Copy7US
- Mushkin - What if? Two simple words. But when combined, the possibilities are endless. At Mushkin, we've stopped simply asking what if the impossible was possible and started manufacturing it. This though is at the core of every Mushkin Innovation. And it's led our engineers to develop industry leading performance memory to some of the most impressive storage technologies. Try our innovations yourself and explore what's possible. http://poweredbymushkin.com/
- Netgear - NETGEAR makes it easy for you to have the smartest home in the neighborhood, with the latest, fastest home networking technology. Enter to win a trip to Hollywood, www.netgearwifimonster.com. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal U.S. residents, 21 and older. Ends June 30, 2014. Subject to official rules available at www.netgear.com/godzillarules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: NETGEAR, Inc. http://www.netgear.com/home/
- Red Robin - Red Robin, the Gourmet Burger Authority™, is famous for serving craveable, high-quality burgers with Bottomless Steak Fries™. April 1st through June 1st, Red Robin is offering a FREE* Godzilla movie ticket with the purchase of a $25 Limited Edition Gift Card (*value up to $12). Visit www.redrobin.com/giftcards to get started and get your FREE* Godzilla movie ticket! Red Robin… YUMMM®! http://www.redrobin.com/giftcards
- Slim Jim - Slim Jim: Do you know a guy suffering from Male Spice Loss? Reach for the ultimate cure, Slim Jim! Every Slim Jim is made from stuff guys need, perfect for treating your most embarrassing spice loss or donating to a friend. You can reach for a Monster Stick, Steakhouse Strips or the newest addition to Slim Jim’s man medicine cabinet, Slim Jim Bacon Jerky. In addition to your cure for Male Spice Loss, Slim Jim now has your tickets to see Godzilla! Enter the Godzilla giveaway on Slim Jim’s Facebook page and you could win tickets or digital movie posters! For more information, visit slimjim.com or follow Slim Jim on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. https://www.facebook.com/SlimJim
- Snickers - You’re Not You When You’re Hungry®. SNICKERS® Satisfies. See more at www.facebook.com/snickers. https://www.facebook.com/snickers
- TigerDirect.com* - TigerDirect.com. The Source for Tech Experts!
When you shop with TigerDirect.com, you'll choose from brand name computers, tablets, laptops and HDTVs—the industry's top names—all at great prices. But that's just the beginning. We also carry a vast inventory of components: motherboards, processors, hard drives, optical drives, cases and more. You'll find emerging technologies as well, because at the end of the day, we love what we sell. http://www.tigerdirect.com/
- Mikado - (wwws.warnerbros.de/godzilla/) Vorsicht bissig. Jetzt mitmachen und mit Mikado coole Preise gewinnen! http://www.mikado-win.com/
- Sony Classical™ - (wwws.warnerbros.de/godzilla/) Hol dir den offiziellen Soundtrack zu Godzilla! http://www.amazon.de/Godzilla-Ost-Alexandre-Desplat/dp/B00JL0B0Q8
- FNAC - (wwws.warnerbros.es/godzilla/) Por ser socio de FNAC, puedes ganar entradas para el preestreno de la película y ser uno de los primeros en disfrutarla. http://www.fnac.es/
- SCHOTT-N.Y.C. - (wwws.warnerbros.es/godzilla/) Si eres uno de los primeros en acudir con una prenda SCHOTT-NYC a uno de los centros que participan en la promoción, te llevarás una entrada doble para el preestreno de la película. http://www.schott-nyc.com/
- Travel Club - (wwws.warnerbros.es/godzilla/) Los Socios Travel Club podrán canjear sus puntos por entradas para ver Godzilla en cines desde su estreno el 15 de mayo y si eres Socio Premium te invitan al preestreno. https://www.travelclub.es/canjearptos/cine/cine.cfm
- Orange™ - (wwws.warnerbros.es/godzilla/) Legendary Pictures es una división de Legendary Entertainment. Por ser cliente de Orange ADSL, puedes participar en el concurso para conseguir entradas dobles para el preestreno y “Packs de Ataque Godzilla” de BANDAI. http://serdeorange.orange.es/participa-y-gana/experiencias/godzilla/
- RACC - (wwws.warnerbros.es/godzilla/) Por matricularte en autoescuelas RACC podrás llevarte una entrada doble para el preestreno de la película en Barcelona. http://www.raccjovenes.es/
- TOSHIBA - (wwws.warnerbros.es/godzilla/) TOSHIBA te ofrece la posibilidad de ganar uno de sus portátiles Satellite P50-B-103. http://www.toshiba.es/
- KasperSky* - (wwws.warnerbros.es/godzilla/) Antivirus Kaspersky. Protección Total contra las amenazas más destructivas. http://www.kaspersky.es/
- Takis - Takis is a product of Barcel, that sponsored Godzilla through is presentation: Takis fuego azul (Translates to: blue fire Takis).
- Burger King - Burger King Malaysia offered Godzilla-themed food for a limited time.
* indicates the company attached did absolutely nothing to promote Legendary Pictures' Godzilla.
Italics indicates the partner was for a non-American version of Godzilla.
The "Roar" section has Godzilla's roar on Soundcloud ( https://soundcloud.com/godzillamovie/roar ) playing. The roar is also downloadable as .mp3, .wma, .m4a, and .ogg files. A "share your roar" button is also present which when clicked opens a new tab to http://roar.godzillamovie.com/ .
When "Soundtrack" is clicked, a new tab to http://www.watertower-music.com/releases_spotlight.php?search=WTM39519_godzilla is opened.
Cast & Crew
The "Cast & Crew" section has biographies on the cast and staff of Godzilla. They are:
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson
- Ken Watanabe
- Elizabeth Olsen
- Juliette Binoche
- Sally Hawkins
- David Strathairn
- Bryan Cranston
- Gareth Edwards
- Thomas Tull
- Jon Jashni
- Mary Parent
- Brian Rogers
- Max Borenstein
- David Callaham
- Patricia Whitcher
- Alex Garcia
- Yoshimitsu Banno
- Kenji Okuhira
- Seamus McGarvey
- Owen Paterson
- Bob Ducsay
- Sharen Davis
- Jim Rygiel
- Alexandre Desplat
When "Sweepstakes" is clicked, a pop-up appears with links to 18 sites that held contests to win sweepstakes.
- WarnerBros.com (page was not saved before it was taken down)
- Movietickets.com (page was not saved before it was taken down)
Clicking on this section opens a new tab to MUTOReasearch.net.
Worldwide Release Dates
Clicking on this section opens a new tab to http://www.godzillamovie.com/releasedates/ .
Clicking on this section opens a new tab to http://www.wbshop.com/category/wbshop_brands/godzilla.do?promo=toutGODZILLAhome .
Sites under Godzillamovie.com that are unlisted.
Map of the Pacific
In Trailer Maker, anyone can create "trailers" for Godzilla using several clips from the movie. http://trailermaker.godzillamovie.com
Legend of Godzilla Infographic
http://wbhesites.com/godzilla/interactiveinfographic/ contains an interactive infographic with a few facts about Godzilla and a number of videos. "ATOMIC BREATH:
- This stark blue flame is powered by Godzilla’s atomic energy, which he has absorbed from the earth’s core.
- Atomic energy crackles through his spinal plates before projecting.
- Godzilla’s nearly impervious skin is capable of withstanding mortar shells and other weaponry.
- This massive tail is used as much for balance as it is for battle.
- Naturally intercepts echolocation.
- Godzilla lived under the sea for decades.
- His sheer body mass can create a tsunami when breaching the shore."
- Godzilla-Movie.jp, the Japanese website for Legendary's Godzilla, was ironically launched at least 2 days before Godzillamovie.com.
- Godzilla-Movie.net, international version.
- Web archive of Godzillamovie.com (all sites below are also in Archive.org).
- Australian version.
- Brazilian version.
- Czech version.
- Danish version.
- German version.
- Hong Kong version.
- Hungarian version.
- Italian version.
- Latin American version.
- Netherlands version.
- New Zealand version.
- Russian version.
- Spanish version.
- Taiwanese version.
- Thai version.
- Turkish version.
- United Kingdom version.
This is a list of references for Godzillamovie.com. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: