|Shin Godzilla (Original Soundtrack)|
July 29, 2016JP
The Shin Godzilla Original Soundtrack, also officially labeled as the Shin Godzilla Original Motion Picture Soundtrack was released on July 29, 2016, with original music by Shiro Sagisu, as well as music he created for the Evangelion franchise. It also contains stock pieces from several Godzilla movies composed by Akira Ifukube.
The North American release of the Shin Godzilla soundtrack not only features less music, coming in at 26 tracks over 32, but also features some cut down and edited themes, such as Persecution of the Masses. The smaller amount of tracks is due to the lack of the bonus tracks that are present in the Japanese release only, with none of the film's main soundtrack being compromised.
- Persecution of the Masses (1172)
- Godzilla Comes Ashore (Akira Ifukube; Godzilla)
- Confrontation (11174_Rhythm+Melody_Demo)
- Early Morning from Tokyo (Short)
- Search Operation (11174_Light_Edit_Demo)
- Return of Godzilla (Akira Ifukube; King Kong vs. Godzilla)
- Godzilla Appears (Akira Ifukube; Terror of Mechagodzilla)
- Black Angels (Feb_10_1211)
- Taba Strategy (Fob 01)
- Defeat is No Option (1197)
- Who Will Know (24_bigslow)
- SS_103_GZM (Famously)
- Battle in Outer Space (Akira Ifukube; Battle in Outer Space)
- Under a Burning Sky (11174_Battle)
- Under a Burning Sky (11174_Orchestra)
- Godzilla Title (Akira Ifukube; Godzilla)
- Main Title - Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster - Finale Part 2 (Akira Ifukube)
- Main Title - Invasion of Astro-Monster - Finale Part 3 (Akira Ifukube)
- Main Title - Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II - Finale Part 4 (Akira Ifukube)
- Under a Burning Sky (11174_Rhythm_United_Choir)
- Early Morning from Tokyo
- Who Will Know (24_Bigslow_Strings)
- Under a Burning Sky (11174_United_Choir)
- The North American release of the soundtrack erroneously mislabels Main Title - Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II - Finale Part 4 as "Main Title - (From Invasion of the Astro Monster), Pt. 2", and in turn labels the previous track before it as "Pt. 1" rather than "Part 3", despite the theme of Pt. 2 being from Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II, and not Invasion of the Astro Monster.
- Besides Decisive Battle from Evangelion being reused, Sagisu also redid tracks from his Bleach and Evangelion 3.0 OST for the film.
- The track Famously is reused in the film, only using the first minute.
- The track Black Angels is also a Bleach track called What Can You See In Their Eyes.
- Unlike most composers, Sagisu uses English vocals throughout the score, to make it seem unsettling and ambient.