The Giant Sea Serpent only has a short appearance in the film King Kong Escapes. When the film's central character Susan Watson and her companions are attempting to leave Mondo Island, the Giant Sea Serpent rises out from the water and approaches their craft. On the shore, King Kong, concerned with the safety of Susan then throws a boulder at the serpent to distract it while Susan Watson and her companions escape the serpent and reach their submarine. King Kong goes into the water, and is attacked by the Giant Sea Serpent, who attempts to constrict Kong. After a brief skirmish, Kong frees himself from the Giant Sea Serpent's grasp and tosses him back into the water.
- The Giant Sea Serpent has abilities similar to those of contemporary giant snake Manda.
- The Giant Sea Serpent is a superb swimmer and uses constriction to defeat his enemies.
- Main article: Giant Sea Serpent/Gallery.
- The battle with King Kong and the Giant Sea Snake is reminiscent of Kong's bout with the Cave Serpent in the original King Kong film.
- It is speculated that the Piranhadon from Peter Jackson's King Kong was an homage to the Giant Sea Serpent.
- The Giant Sea Serpent is one of the four minor Showa era monsters, who include the Giant Lizard, the Giant Octopus, the Giant Condor, the Giant Sea Serpent, and Skeleturtle, to have received an official toy. The others are the Giant Octopus, the Giant Condor and Skeleturtle.
This is a list of references for Giant Sea Serpent. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: