Gamera vs. Guiron (ガメラ対大悪獣ギロン?, lit. Gamera Against Giant Monster Guiron), also known as Attack of the Monsters, is a Gamera Tai Daiakaijū Guiron1969 tokusatsu kaiju film produced by Daiei Motion Picture Company and is the fifth entry in the Gamera series. It was one of five Gamera films to be featured as episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000. The American version of the film is currently in the public domain.
Two boys, Akio and Tom, spy in their telescope a spaceship that descends into a nearby field. With Akio's little sister in town, they ride out to the field on their bicycles the next day to investigate. The boys enter the spaceship and accidentally take off to an alien planet named Terra, while Tomoko is left behind, unable to convince any adults, except the kindly but eccentric police officer Kondo, of the boys' misadventure. On Terra, the boys encounter two beautiful but sinister Terran women and their 'guard dog,' Guiron, who kills a Space Gyaos attempting to attack. Later on, it is revealed that the two Terran women plan to eat Akio and Tom's brains for sustenance. Gamera, sensing danger, eventually tracks the boys to Terra and kills Guiron (with both Terrans dying after their base is destroyed by Guiron) after a long and difficult battle, Gamera, Akio, and Tom go back to Earth.
Weapons, Vehicles, and Races
- Main article: Gamera vs. Guiron/Gallery.
- Main article: Gamera vs. Guiron (Soundtrack).
- Japan - March 21, 1969
- Originally, a new kaiju called Monga was to appear in this film alongside Guiron, but due to time and budget limitations, the Gyaos suit and props from Gamera vs. Gyaos were simply painted silver and used as Space Gyaos.
- The Gyaos that appears in this film seems to lack the weakness to sunlight.
- In the Alpha Video U.S. release, the scene where Space Gyaos was killed and chopped up into slices by Guiron was removed for its graphic content.