The Fire Bird lived in the magma of the Earth, but one day she was urged to go to the surface to nest. The Fire Bird rose from a dormant volcano that threatened to start a chain reaction around the globe. The Calico, arriving in response to distress calls, discovered the cause of the violent eruption when they actually ventured inside the mountain.
Enraged at finding humans intruding in her home, the Fire Bird broke free of the lava and rock and flew into the sky, but she had a new challenger.
Godzilla rose from the sea to fight. The Fire Bird fired heat waves at Godzilla and used her talons and beak against him. The battle ended in a draw. She then flew to the Arctic to lay her eggs. Godzilla rose from the water battle to fight her again. The fight sent both Godzilla and the Fire Bird plummeting into the water, where the Fire Bird was imprisoned in an underwater cave by Godzilla.
- The Fire Bird can spew an intense wave of heat from her beak.
- The Fire Bird could fly and swim in both lava and water.
- The Fire Bird shown to be able to breath underwater.
- It appears to be able to reproduce asexually, as the crew express concerns that it may lay eggs and produce more of its kind.
- Being a pterosaur-like creature that resides within a volcano, the Fire Bird is similar to Rodan.
- Despite its name, the Fire Bird does not actually resemble a bird, but rather a reptilian creature more akin to a dragon or wyvern.