In the past, a race of advanced people called the Nilai Kanai created Dagahra to clean all the pollution they were releasing. Dagahra consumed the pollution, but created the Barems in the process. The Barems were acidic sea stars, and Dagahra released them on the Nilai Kanai and destroyed the people. Dagahra then fell into a deep sleep, resting at the bottom of the ocean.
Thousands of years later, Dagahra was awakened again due to the rise in pollution rates in Japan. It began eating the pollution and releasing the Barems once again. The Barems attacked and killed many people on the surface. After hearing of Dagahra, Mothra Leo came and attacked it, but was put at a disadvantage when Dagahra was under the water. He was infected by the Barems, but Ghogo used his power to turn Mothra Leo into Rainbow Mothra, who now had the ability to transform into Aqua Mothra, so he could battle on equal terms with Dagahra. Mothra Leo managed to battle and defeat Dagahra, then dropped the monster's body onto the Nilai-Kanai temple, which exploded along with Dagahra, ending the monster's reign of terror once and for all.
- Dagahra can fly at the speed of mach 10.
- Dagahra can fire an Irabushan Beam from his mouth.
- Dagahra is able to fire Crimson energy beams from his dorsal fins.
- Dagahra can rotate and fire Energy Rings from his body.
- Dagahra is able to create a tornado of Barems and lightning by quickly rotating himself underwater.
- The two cannons on Dagahra's shoulders can fire either energy beams or a concentrated mixture of Barem and crystallized toxins.
- Dagahra is an adept swimmer that can move underwater at 150 knots.
- Dagahra can fire lightning at foes.
If the Barem-producing organs inside of Dagahra's body are destroyed, he will become weakened and die.
- Main article: Dagahra/Gallery.
- Dagahra is the only villain monster of the Rebirth of Mothra series to not be a Ghidorah.