Cyber-Zilla (サイバージラ?) is the original SaibājiraZilla that nested in New York in 1998. The aliens from the Leviathan spaceship resurrected it using both alien and human technology. It is completely under the alien's control, although it does recognize Zilla Junior as its son.
Zilla Junior chooses Nick Tatapoulos over Cyber-Zilla and fights him. As he and his son fight, his right cybernetic arm is accidentally blasted off by tachyon fighters. Zilla Junior later viciously tears off the metal covering for its chest and tears out many of his wires, causing the rest of the creature to short-circuit. It is the most violent defeat of a monster shown in the series, with Cyber-Zilla even giving a final death rattle.
Cyber-Zilla's roar was changed to a more metallic sound and its skin color was changed to a light brown, showing decay. Its Atomic breath is blue, like the real Godzilla, and it has a disk in its chest which can reflect weaponry and can fire missiles from its dorsal plates.
- Cyber-Zilla is armed with an Atomic Heat Ray which is blue in color (an obvious reference to the Japanese Godzilla) as opposed to his son, whose atomic fire is green.
- Fires devastating energy missiles from dorsal fins (can fire a total of eight at once).
- Reflects back sound-based waves and weapons to their sources using the disk on its chest; a very effective tool against the sonic scream of the Giant Bat.
- Several previous abilities, including a good jumping ability, can run at 200 mph and is an amphibian.
- A lot tougher than previous, been able to withstand several blasts of atomic fire from his son.
- Cyber-Zilla is a clear reference to MechaGodzilla and Mecha-King Ghidorah, being a cyborg.
- Cyber-Zilla may have partially inspired the Millennium MechaGodzilla, Kiryu, as both are previously dead kaiju that are resurrected using robotic technology and made to fight another kaiju of the same species as them. The largest difference between the two is that Kiryu is a biomecha with its skeleton, DNA, and nervous tissue as his only organic components, while Cyber-Zilla is a cyborg with much of its organic body intact.
In Other Languages
- Russian: КиберЗилла